Become a Member
Tenafly Dojo Training
Private In-Home Training
We have now made it possible to train and progress with your karate training either at the dojo for group classes, or if you prefer the luxury of having one on one private in home or office sessions, we will develope a program for you.
If you have questions about any of these programs please call us or use the contact form below to send us a message.
Tenafly dojo training
- No matter what age you are, we have a class for you. Starting at age 5 and all the way on up! You are never too old to train.
- Join with others at our beautiful Tenafly Dojo and learn the art of Karate and Self Defense.
- We always have really amazing members who add so much to the whole learning experience and the family friendly environment.
- Come join the family!
private home training
- Training one on one with Sense Gavin will advance your skills exponentially. To have him travel to your home is an added bonus.
- Plus private session students are welcome to join in on group dojo classes as well.
- Sensei Gavin has limited spots available for this personalized private karate training.
- Pricing varies depending on the distance traveled and travel expenses. Contact Sensei Gavin directly to work out the details and monthly fee.
“Tenafly Shukokai Karate is such a great place to learn. I have been attending Tenafly Shukokai Karate since I was two-and-a-half. I am 15 now. It has nurtured me through the years and has helped me to discover something I am passionate about, karate. Thanks to the superb teaching skills of the experienced senseis, I was able to receive my 1st Dan black belt last summer. Tenafly Shukokai Karate has not only taught me karate, but also life lessons. I have become more respectful, responsible, and focused in my endeavors. Tenafly Shukokai Karate pushes me to strive to do better. You can never have enough training and Tenafly Shukokai Karate encourages me to never give up.”
“I have personally trained with Sensei Gavin and Sensei Linda for approximately thirty years. We all trained together under Shihan Kimura at the Hackensack and Tenafly dojos. Sensei Gavin and Sensei Linda have high moral character and I consider them very close friends. When Shihan Kimura died in 1995 I made the conscious decision to train under Sensei Gavin. Having trained under Shihan Kimura I can unequivocally state that both instructors at the Tenafly dojo have learned their lessons well from the Master. Sensei Gavin is a wonderful person to learn from. He is a gentleman and has mastered how to teach new and advanced students the intricate karate techniques developed from Shihan Kimura. The Tenafly dojo holds true to the spirit, art and power that is Shukokai Karate. The Tenafly dojo has also implemented an excellent children’s program to draw the character and ability out of any child. In addition to the above, the Tenafly dojo is a warm, comfortable and welcoming place to learn the art of Karate. I could think of no other place I would want to train at.”
Tuesday: 4:30pm – 7:30pm
Thursday: 4:30pm – 7:30pm
Saturday: 10am – 1pm
Free 3 class pass
Try it and see if you like it. You can’t beat this deal. If you have ever considered Karate Training now is the time, there’s nothing to loose. Just print out the coupon and come on over!
*cannot be combined with any other offer